~Tonight I wrote an essay for an application to a Summer writing workshop, and realized it had been foreverly long since I'd written anything like an essay. I found myself actually having to recalibrate my brain after having been so focused on fiction for so many months... it took me a while to access that... place. Previously, I'd felt nonfiction and fiction came from a similarish place inside me, but tonight I became aware that they actually feel like they're stimulating different section of my brain. Like essays attack me front and center in this sharp BAM BAM kind-of way, and fiction is more spread across the full area of my brain in a more muted but persistent, tingly kind-of way. Does that make any sense at all, or am I totally wackadoodle?
~The Yelp page for my local post office itself reads like great fiction. Genre fiction, I think. Definitely horror. Except all of it's true. Like creative nonfiction. Only not especially creative. More like hellacious. I don't know whether that means it BAM BAMs or it tingles. I definitely helps explain why I avoid postal submissions.
~I was going to write something vaguely intelligent about Rod Blagojevich and systematic corruption in Chicago/IL government, but I don't really feel like it after all. F smart. Corrupt this.
(this was an attempt to blog like a normalish, witty-jaunty blogger-type. How'd I do?)
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment