Thursday, April 30, 2009

:::drumroll::: announcement...

..."My Dinner w/ Lydia Davis" contest winner Meg Pokrass has chosen Monkeybicycle for her literary journal subscription. Meg will receive a four-issue subscription to Monkeybicycle.

Monkeybicycle is a great indie journal that is probably already quite familiar to most of the folks who read this blog. Here's how they describe themselves on their website -

"Monkeybicycle is an online literary journal which is updated on Mondays and Fridays. It is also a print journal, publishing two issues per year.

Founded in 2003 in Seattle, WA, Monkeybicycle has continued to publish the absolute highest quality in a wide range of literary categories. Twice, works we've published were selected for inclusion in the Best American Nonrequired Reading anthologies.

In 2007, Monkeybicycle became an imprint of Dzanc Books, a flourishing small press in Ann Arbor, MI."


...I will be reading Monkeybicycle's most recent issue (Monkeybicycle 6) along with Meg. Cover to cover. I will blog about it while I read it. I will also attempt to do author interviews and other fun things like that.

Yay Monkeybicycle. Yay Meg.



4 comments:

Steven said...

Thanks, Tim! And thanks, Meg! Monkeybicycle is honored and humbled.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Tim. I'm very excited - this is an awesome prize!

Molly Gaudry said...

You're really doing a lot with this blog...good stuff.

Pet & Gone said...

I love monkeybicycle. One of my favorites.