I have a special facebook toolbar for Firefox that I downloaded shortly after Facebook introduced applications. One of the things it does is make little boxes pop up for certain kinds of developments, for instance when friends update their status. It's kind of like the little Microsoft Entourage boxes that pop up to announce you've got new emails.
It's been broken ever since the most recent Facebook update. Now the same two messages pop up over and over again (like periodically, not constantly)- "Amisha Patel is now your friend" and "Kathy Fish wrote a note."
Amisha Patel is the executive director of Grassroots Collaborative, a community organization in Chicago that, amongst other things, spearheaded a coalition to promote the big box living wage ordinance. The foundation where I work supported a project where they tracked media coverage of the big box campaign in order to better understand how media contribute to the success of campaigns.
Kathy Fish is an incredibly accomplished and widely respected writer of very short (flash) fiction.
I don't remember where I was going with this.
Same windows, over and over again, makes me laugh.
This is possibly a pointless post.
Friday, April 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment