Thursday, April 02, 2009

Last night I had a dream where I was reading a blog (seriously) or maybe I was listening to someone speak or give a presentation or something, and they were using the word "scene" as an adjective, like "that's so scene" or "he's totally scene" or "I can't go to that place because it's too scene for me," and as I was waking up I remember thinking to myself -- or maybe it was just before I woke up -- or maybe it was even during the dream, I can't remember -- I remember thinking, I never use the word "scene" as an adjective, I would never even consciously think to use the word scene as an adjective, but there are undoubtedly characters who would use the word "scene" as an adjective, and perhaps, although it's hard to imagine now, someday I will want to write about one of those characters, and this is why I trust my unconscious a great deal more than anything I spin up consciously.

1 comment:

Margo said...

Oh hell yeah. I'm all over it. As in, it may not be scene, but I'm staying in tonight and eating Thai food. You are totally scene, btw.