Thursday, April 09, 2009

My Chase ATM/debit cards arrived last week and I still have not activated them.

I think I'm in denial... I do not want to be a Chase customer, and I miss Washington Mutual.

But I feel like I ought not care so much about Washington Mutual. They were one of the worst offenders in the refinancing and bundling and reselling of mortgages as mortgage-backed securities.

But... but... the people were really nice. And they had no lines and cute little pod-like kiosks distributed pleasantly throughout the space instead of lines with stanchions and faceless people behind a scary wall of glass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chase is actually the devil when it comes to personal banking. They just took my free-for-life checking from Bank of New York away.

davidpeak said...

I've got to agree with Katelyn. Chase has allowed my identity to be stolen twice--still haven't gotten my money back. You may want to get out while you still can.