I am in the midst of my busiest time of the year at work, which accounts for my absence.
Last night, I was so moved by "Some Days, Even a Cup of Coffee is Violence," Molly Gaudry's poem composed of lines from friends' blogs, that I spent hours trying to create a piece of narrative fiction using "found sentences" from my google reader.
I thought I would post it here, but I think I like it just enough that I want to continue editing it and possibly send it out a couple of places.
Here's a tiny piece of it. Each sentence is from a different blog. I do not remember which blogs all of these sentences come from anymore because I spent too much time playing with them, moving them around. They exist for me now only in relation to one another.
"My family is very flawed in ways you cannot see. It’s all about the hyperbole and the carefully constructed propaganda. In typical domestic fashion, here's a lady who set her man up for failure. They chose to honeymoon in the wrong place. They did not get very far, nor accomplish much in the big picture, but they felt superior in their epic failure. They share at least a part of the blame for their situation."
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is exciting. Keep us informed about its progress! And thanks for the repost.
I know, wasn't that something? It came at a time when I really needed inspiration like that too. It all feels like signposts, and I'm grateful. I'm really enjoying your blog, thanks. Makes me more ambitious for my own--time, though, and prioritizing, there's the trouble.
Post a Comment