Tuesday, June 09, 2009

3 or 4 Things I Know for Sure

1. This is what I want for my birthday.

2. I am over halfway finished with Monkeybicycle 6, but had fallen rather behind on my "Monkeybicycle Front to Back" posts. This shall be remedied. Good stuff, this.

3. I watched "I'm a Celebrity, why the Fuck am I Watching this Show" out of a morbid fascination with Patti Blagojevich, but must admit to being disappointed. She's rather ordinary, rarely speaks... she's no Janice Dickinson. No Cruella DeVille. There's no theatricality to her evil, which I suppose just serves as a reminder that her kind of evil is an everyday kind of evil, and ultimately the IL political system is what needs changing.... we can't label Blago and wife as villains in this fetishsitic, objectifying kind of way and sweep the problem under the rug.

4. I swear I knew a few other things earlier today, but have forgotten all of them.

3 comments:

Molly Gaudry said...

Good luck with the birthday wish.

R. Gay said...

I have been desperately looking for someone with whom to discuss point 3. Patti is fascinating to me with her sad little insistence that the "truth" will come out. I want her drugs. They seem very effective. I think the show as a whole is so tragic and greasy. I want to stop watching but I can't.

Tim Jones-Yelvington said...

Molly -- the b-day wish has come true. Partner will pay. I am the most spoiled person ever.

Rox (is it ok to call you that?)-- sad indeed. one wonders to what extent she's deluded and to what extent she's flat-out lying. Or some bizarre combination of both. I do think in the world she was raised in, as dick mell's daughter, the sort of shit she and her hubby were up to is just the norm. That's how you get jobs. ...I love that you so unashamedly watch trash television. Like One Tree Hill, which I can only fully stomach when Daphne Zuniga is on screen (they should find a part for her on the new Melrose Place!).