Monday, July 13, 2009

News

A couple months back, Molly Gaudry posted in her blog a poem called "Some days even a cup of coffee is violence," composed of sentences from blogs she reads regularly. The poem was a fascinating exploration of writers' melancholy, and inspired me to take a crack at constructing a narrative piece using "found sentences" from blogs in my Google Reader. I ended up liking the outcome better than I'd expected, and decided to try submitting it a few places to see how it fared. I promised to keep this blog's readers, including Molly, updated on the piece's fate.

I am now very happy to announce "My Mother's Funeral" was accepted for the first issue of Artifice Magazine, forthcoming in January 2010.

Here's a list of places versions of this story (I chopped a bit off excess stuff off nearly every time I submitted, constantly honing) were rejected -- for the sake of full disclosure and because it might be of interest to this blog's readers... hopefully none of these pubs will be pissed off I mentioned them, I don't think any of them are the type that would be.

~Abjective
~eyeshot
~DIAGRAM
~Blake Butler/Lamination Colony's "Not a Contest" contest

...and pending at 5_Trope and Corduroy Mtn.

2 comments:

Molly Gaudry said...

Oh, this is great news, Tim! Congrats!

r. said...

And we're totally psyched to have 'My Mother's Funeral!' r. (Artifice Managing Ed.)