Monday, July 20, 2009

Short Story Month essay collection

My name has appeared for the very first time in a Dzanc Books' publication! ...I received in the mail a copy of the Short Story Month essay collection, which includes Aaron Burch's Hobart blog entry about Peter Selgin, in which he briefly mentions my review of the Dzanc Creative Writing Sessions.

When Short Story Month was happening, I remember feeling completely overwhelmed by the number of posts by Emerging Writers' Network, Hobart, Matt Bell and Steven McDermott in my Google Reader, and thinking, "Dear God, when I finally finish the ginormous stack of short story collections already sitting on my desk, I am going to want to be able to come back and check out these fantastic recommendations." So I'm thrilled to have these blog entries collected in a book I can easily reference in the future when I'm ready to seek out new stuff. And I can't wait to return to these essays after having read all these stories -- what a fantastic resource.

The Short Story Month essay collection is, I believe, still available to folks who support Dzanc. In addition to publishing wonderful writing, Dzanc does important work within the community. ...Head on over and make a donation.

No comments: