Monday, November 16, 2009

which books should I bring abroad?

I haven't done a poll in a while, and kind of miss them.

I'm going to Europe and am obsessing over which books to bring. I'll only be gone ten days, so anticipate bringing 4 or so, and probably I'll only be busy doing Europy things and will finish two at most, right?

Anyway... vote.

Which Books Should I Bring to Europe?

View Results
Create a Blog Poll

5 comments:

pr said...

Joy Williams, Montemarano, and Winterson.

Tim Jones-Yelvington said...

paula, I'm really happy to see you vote Montemarano. "If the Sky Falls" is one of my all-time favorite story collections, and I've been beginning to feel like his only fan. Nobody ever seems to talk about him...

pr said...

If The Sky Falls is a beautiful book. He's so underread, of that's a word.
I studied with Joy Williams. She's a beautiful writer. I read that Winterson book eons ago, but she's sort of interesting.

James Tadd Adcox said...

I still don't really understand Breece D'J Pancake's name.

Tricia Dower said...

I could only recommend Winterson's book because I don't know the others and I love everything she writes. If you're looking for other suggestions I can recommend Louise Erdrich's Love Medicine, Joyce Carol Oates Dear Husband and Anne Michael's Fugitive Pieces (which you've probably already read).